Lahore Real Estate Forum

                                                          
 
Back to Forum |

Lahore Real Estate Forum: Property News & Community Talk : ,

(54147)
Tuesday, August 4, 2009 06:56 PM 

dear people...

i am overseas pakistani and seeking to sell off my property for past two years. the price just seems to keep dropping in us dollar terms.

i want to know if there is any recovery in card in 3-5 years range for pakistani realestate. If not then I am considering to liquidate at whatever price and seek other opportunities...in other words I want to know is it worth waiting or not?

i hold a plot in mehran town which was qouted 22 lacs and now even 14 lacs seems like a dream. also hold a plot in hbfc.

Farid-UAE replied on Wednesday, August 5, 2009 04:37 AM 

My two bits of advise:

If you want to liquidate and require money outside Pakistan, i.e. in foreign currency. do it ASAP , as rupee is going to get weaker in the next six months. it is only a one way street. As from Feb 1, 09, all oil payments would be made by banks from interbank market, and SBP will not give any dollars for oil payments as per IMF agreement.

If you want to liquidate and invest in Pakistan, then it is better not to liquidate, rather than hold it , as real estate market will revive ..however, not before 3-4 years...Ultimately in a span of 10-15 years, u will not be a loser in Pak rupee terms in Real Estate.All depends on your holding power.
>